Distt. Institute of Education and Training
Integrated Scheme for School Education
Pre-Primary Education in District Kullu
Objectives of Pre- School education:-
• To enable children become effective communicators and foster both receptive and expressive language.
• To enhance the all round development of children’s personality and inclusion of healthy attitude, life skills and good values.
• To enable a sound foundation for good health, well being nutrition & healthy habits and hygiene.
• To lay the foundation for a healthy, productive and satisfying life in the future by enabling the children to develop his/her maximum potential through:
-Physical well being, health & motor development
-Personal, social & emotional development.
-Creative & aesthetic development.
-Language, communication & literacy development.
-Cognitive development, mathematical thinking & reasoning.
• To work as partner with parents and community to enable each child flourish.
Pre-school education is the education imparted to children of 3-6 Years age group. Pre-School education is also known as Pre-Primary Education. It is provided in any of the settings such as Angan Badi, Nursery Schools, Pre- schools, Lower Kindergarten (LKG), Upper Kindergarten(UKG) etc.
Goals of Pre-Primary:-
a. Providing strong foundation for all round development and lifelong learning..
b. Preparing the child for school.